Friday 10 April 2020

Flowers Bloom and so too should your Natural Hair

Flowers can be personified and given human qualities because indeed they too can exhibit qualities of humans. They can die and then grow again; on their own time, at their own space and pace. So too does our hair. I have met many people, women in particular who are hesitant to embrace their natural hair whether it is super curly or very coily. Why? No one but the former has the answer. Natural hair is inexpensive to maintain when compared to permed or relaxed hair. Deciding how to wear one's hair, however, is totally up to them. 

Conversely, there are many more possibilities, styles and products that can be used on natural hair. Do not get me started on natural homemade remedies and recipes which have proven to be cost-effective. Were you thinking about reverting to your natural hair but do not know where to start? It is totally fine. Reverting is a big decision to make but a healthier choice in the long run. 

Additionally, simplicity is the highest (or it should be) form of beauty we should always strive to meet because well, it is simple! Our hair has a big part to play in how we perceive ourselves and how we would want others to perceive us. Our entire being forms our 'naturalista.' When people hear the word naturalista they automatically assume that it only deals with natural hair. I beg to differ. Naturalista is everything about us. According to a post by "Naturalista Daily" on September 23, 2015, a naturalista is: 

A female who takes pride in herself. Whichever hair type, ethnicity, or skin color she may identify with, she loves and accepts herself because she understands and celebrates the beauty of her natural anatomy. 

In other words, it is how we wear our confidence among many other characteristics that make up our self construct. 

Even though our 'flower' withers sometimes they will blossom again and continue to grow. Just do not forget to hydrate with water! As the flower (Como la flor) blooms, let your hair bloom in its highest glory; at its own time, space and pace. Never forget the naturalista in you! Flowers bloom and so too should your Natural Hair.

9 comments:

  1. Please leave your thoughts below and let us talk about what you got from reading my first blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waaaw! I now understand the true meaning of naturalista. I have never had the experience of maintaining relaxed hair. On the other hand maintaining my natural hair is costly. I hope i could learn some of these inexpensive remedies here because chiiiiillllleee!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kaily Kurl thanks for reading my blog. I was also guilty of using the word 'Naturalista' loosely. That is why I love to do my own research and help in anyway that I possibly can. Which aspects of maintaining your natural hair is/are considered costly?

      Delete
  3. I have waist length curly hair which makes me use twice the amount of hair products. My favourite ones always finish so quickly. Buying them regularly and/ buying large amounts is what makes it costly for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no. I totally understand the regularly purchasing of products. If your hair is superrrrr thick you should try applying your leave ins in the shower. Orrr have a spray bottle available with water to keep rehydrating your hair while you apply either your custard, creams or butter. I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would this page help guys with their hair too ? Would your helpfully tips apply to men's hair as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey. Of course this page will be able to help men as well. I will try my best to include segments for men as well. Yall are just as important!😉

      Delete
  6. Would this page help guys with their hair too ? Would your helpfully tips apply to men's hair as well?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would this page help guys with their hair too ? Would your helpfully tips apply to men's hair as well?

    ReplyDelete

Popular Post